Most people feel that this is not the best time to think about selling homes or investing in home improvement projects. However, a few recent studies and most of experts in real estate matter tend to say otherwise. According to the ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) the secret to enhancing your home value while ensuring top returns for every dollar invested is increasing the curb appeal of your home.
What Exactly Is Curb Appeal?
Curb appeal is what gives the first impression to the buyers as they enter your property. Normally, landscaping can be an excellent home improvement as nobody can resist a carefully manicured lawn, well kept garden, fountains, etc. However, hiring a landscaping architect can cost you a small fortune, which in the present economic condition is not really a good idea. However, there are other solutions that you could use to improve the curb appeal of your home. Here are some cost efficient ideas you could use:
(1) Ingenious Path Walks – Use radium paint on the foot walk of your home. This will absorb light during the day and glow wonderfully well into the night creating a magnetic ambiance. It does not take much to get this thing done or maintained and the effect is stunning.
(2) Beautify Your Backyard – Pay attention to your backyard as much as the front side of your home. While a crisp-looking lawn is very inviting, a well kept backward with perennial flowers, fruit trees or green foliage can improve the view from indoors and also the home value. Planting a hedge, trees, and perennial plats/ flowers does not cost too much, but it greatly enhances the appeal of your home.
(3) Set Up A Kitchen Garden/ Herbs Corner – most people wish to have a great kitchen garden that will give them access to fresh vegetables and fruits, but have not time, knowledge or willingness to invest the effort necessary to build it. Set up a kitchen/ herb garden and this would enhance the value of your home significantly.
(4) Add Colour To Your Outdoors – beautify the outdoors with fancy looking birdbaths, strategically planted trees, rocks, colourful round-the-year blooms, and so on. You can create a mini paradise quite cost efficiently with a little effort invested on researching on the net.
(5) Provide Appropriate Lighting – use your imagination and ornate lighting fixtures to increase the appeal of the outdoors of your home both in the front and backyard. Besides providing adequate light (functionality), it will add immense aesthetic value. The investment required by such types of home improvement are relatively low, but the return on the dollar is quite high.
There are many things you could do to enhance the curb appeal of your home, which in turn would greatly enhance your home value. It is a myth that only expensive home improvement projects add value to the home. If you are willing to put in a little effort and research a little, you will be able to not only save a small fortune on the remodelling of the exteriors of your home, but also ensure a good increase on the value of your property.